Carradice is celebrating its 90th Anniversary. To mark the occasion, we have handcrafted 40 Barley Saddlebags – each one numbered and signed by its maker. These limited editions feature:
- Special commemorative badge with unique artwork by renowned artist Dave Flitcroft of “Art from the Bikeshed”
- Vegetable tanned leather in chestnut brown which beautifully compliments the badge
- Special printed cotton lining from UK’s Prestige fabrics showing regions of the world that reflect the many adventures that Carradice bags have been on around the globe
The Barley Saddlebag is our best selling saddlebag.
It is ideal for day rides and the commute to work with enough room to hold essentials and a bit more. This saddlebag design has stood the test of time and with a durable construction and clever detailing it won’t let you down.
The saddlebag comes with 3 leather straps for attaching to the bike.
Traditional style and unsurpassed quality.
Made from 100% waterproof 18 ounce cotton duck – the original performance fabric with self-sealing seams. It is easily re-proofed and repaired.
Quality leather straps keep their strength and looks no matter what weather and conditions they face.
Buckles and fastenings are all metal – we know they can take decades of regular use.
All of our saddlebags can be made without leather content – we substitute recycled firehose material instead. Contact us for more information
Weight: 590 grams
Capacity: 9 litres
Dimensions: 29cm (38cm including pockets) wide x 18cm high x 15cm deep
Disclaimer – Colour shade may vary due to materials supply. Colour/design of lining and reflector may vary.
Saddlebag Comparison Guide
Want a saddle bag, but your saddle doesn’t have bag loops?
- For small bags you can use Saddle Loops which bolt onto your seat rails.
- Or choose the Bagman Quick Release Clamp – which means you can take your saddlebag with you when you leave your bike.
- Larger bags will benefit from a Bagman support – especially if you will be carrying heavy loads.
How to attach a saddlebag
Have a look at this video on our facebook page for how to attach a saddlebag using the leather straps (included with the bag):
https://www.facebook.com/carradicebikebags/videos/1525822064107062 (opens in a new window)
Alternatively, you can use our Bagman Saddlebag Supports, Bagman Quick Release Saddlebag Supports or our Seatpost Quick Release System for Saddlebags to attach any of our saddlebags for more security and stability.